Just a thought....
Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

Thursday, 10 June 2010

A nation of extremes

world cup ribbons


Every road I walk down either has ribbons over my head or paint underfoot. No one talks of anything else. If there's a television, there's a crowd. Yes, world cup has arrived again. I tend to try and ignore it, aside from appreciating the effort that has gone into painting and beribboning roads, but tonight...

I just read a news article:

Aguenta, coração!

Cardiologistas fãs de futebol dão dicas para você segurar a emoção durante os jogos da Copa.

Cardiologists are warning fans not to overexert themselves with emotion during the World Cup. I believe it. Football is more than a religion here. Jurgis grew up on stories by his parents of Brazilians throwing themselves off buildings during big matches.

Extreme much?

 

Technorati Tags: ,,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Do leave a note, so I know you were here and can visit you too :)
Tint~