Just a thought....
Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

Saturday, 15 December 2007

A little of this and a little of that

I've been 'missing' for a while. Its hectic here. Yes, yes, I know its hectic everywhere. After all, its the festive season and everyone is shopping, baking, decorating and running in circles. Added to that, I have a job in (unpaid, but with great promotional prospects) of 100+ fire and water damaged photos to be edited and I have a special request from family for around 20 really miniscule and badly scratched photos to be repaired as a gift (also free, of course). Naturally, there is no way they'll get those photos in time for Christmas.


On Sunday, Tat and I went to Praça da Republica to look for a couple of little items for Christmas. Praça da Republica is right in the center of town, so it took us a bus ride and a fair walk or a short metro ride. We walked. I wasn't a happy camper, as it was incredibly hot and humid. Thanks to Tat's amazing sense of direction *chuckles* we got there in record time. Sadly, the crafts fair is now way smaller than before and rather washed out. I didn't get what I was looking for. There was less on offer, though still a few great items, and many of the worthwhile stuff was tripple last year's price. Ah well... a sign of the times, right?


We were caught by surprise walking through the park section. In the area where there used to be turtles and koi, there were now a group of children swimming.... not legally, of course, but oh what fun they were having. I snuck a photo through the spindly trees surrounding the pond.



Tat and I were talking while we were out and commenting on the lack of Christmas spirit everywhere. Not once the whole day did we hear any Christmas carols. In fairness, Brazil isn't known for Christmas carols. The only place we usually hear any is in the shopping malls. This year, there were no carols in the malls either. The 'Christmas' theme in the mall was Shrek! The only concession to Christmas being that Shrek held a tiny gift and there was the regulation tree decorated with huge green and white balls and lots of fairy lights.

I am going to do my best to get to everyone's pages. Even if its just a few pages a day. I have neglected my friends for long enough. I feel so bad about it.


Hm... on a more Christmassy note, here's a link or two for you to enjoy...
Easy Ways to Decorate Your Home for Christmas
Activites for the Family
Activity: Kids Educational Printouts and Activities
Activity: The Game Chest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Do leave a note, so I know you were here and can visit you too :)
Tint~