Just a thought....
Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

Thursday, 30 December 2010

For your entertainment, education and edification

Taken from the Sun (the newspaper that seldom posts any real news).

Every loves a bit of trivia - and thanks to hit new Twitter feed OMG Facts, info addicts get a thoroughly researched fix direct to their mobile. Here, Dave Masters has chosen the best... and that's a fact.


The total weight of all the ants on earth is about the same as the weight of all the humans on earth.

Racecar is spelt the same forwards and backwards.

Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere in the world, there is a duck watching you.


You can't hum while holding your nose closed.

Typewriter is the longest English word that can be made by using only one row of a keyboard.

Your funny bone is not a bone - it's a really sensitive nerve.

Taurine, an ingredient in the drink Red Bull, originally came from bulls.

Cracking knuckles does not hurt bones or cause arthritis. The sound is gas bubbles bursting.
If you touch your tongue while yawning it can stop the yawn.

Newborn babies cry but have no tears - tear ducts aren't formed until they are a month old.

There are 43,252,003,274,489,856,000 possible configurations to Rubik's Cube.

Dysania is the state of finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning.

The only place you can tickle yourself is the top of your mouth. Try it.

The sound of ET walking was made by someone squishing their hands in jelly.

The longest Monopoly game in history lasted 70 days.

The average person has between 1,460 and 2,190 dreams a year.

Sixty five per cent of people tilt their heads to the right when kissing instead of the left.

On a clear night a burning candle can be seen from 30 miles away.

The most viewed video on YouTube, Justin Bieber-Baby ft Ludacris, has more "dislikes" than "likes".

Pigs can become alcoholics.


Go on.... add your own : )

18 comments:

  1. These were pretty good! I knew the last one...my ex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. I'm too braindead to come up with my own today. :) But I love these things and often wish I could recall them on a moment's notice in the mid of a conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn those ducks!!!!!
    :) Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I tried. You can't!
    And I definitely suffer from Dysania! Is there a cure?

    How nice to know all this :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kat, I've met a few 'pigs' like that and our pigs were quite sober ; )

    Same here, Kippy!

    Katey, got a duck watching you?

    Riete, I laughed... Jurgis tried too. Made me crack up. It was so funny to watch. He was determined to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :P I tried too. I saw Rolf Harris show how you need cyclical breathing when playing a didgeridoo so I thought SURELY humming isn't much different .... GAH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, but Rolf Harris was a genius! I mean... 3 legs 'n all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deeeddleeeedleeeedledummmm

    ReplyDelete
  9. with an extra leg...

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great! And I always thought there was something creepy about ducks...

    ReplyDelete

  11. Chickens get hiccups.

    ReplyDelete
  12. heehee. Promptly tried the tickle and yawn. Anatoedaephobia just means fear of ducks, the watching part was a brilliant Far Side cartoon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "when you sneeze your eyes always close"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Which is terrible when you have to sneeze and drive!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can tickle my own feet anytime I touch them LOL

    I just ran my tongue to the roof of my mouth......GAH! *scratch scratch*

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can scratch the roof of your mouth, Laura?

    ReplyDelete
  17. ahhhh, iam much smarter now...

    ReplyDelete
  18. If I could I would have lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Do leave a note, so I know you were here and can visit you too :)
Tint~