Just a thought....
Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

Friday, 28 May 2010

Up 'n down week



My week started with Kippy's wedding and a computer format. I hate formatting because they never go as quickly and smoothly as I'd like. This time, my scanner went belly-up. We eventually got the scanner working by sneaking up on it... and disabling my webcam, as the pc wanted to use the webcam as a scanner source. I was finally functional by Wednesday afternoon, but without a printer. Let's say that lessons and admin became very interesting this week. I rely heavily on technology.

Along with this came an all-pervasive tiredness. No idea where that comes from. I picked up towards the end of the week. Then yesterday, Thursday, we took both dogs up to the village. At the church, we parted company. I had Romany with me. Jurgis had Dingo. She was going to the vet who confirmed that she's diabetic. She was already totally blind in the one eye and had minimal vision in her remaining eye. This past month, she lost a lot of weight. Generally, the dogs start piling on weight as the cooler weather sets in... she just got skinnier and skinnier. She was already a skinny dog to start off with. Her appearance was conflicting... glossy coat, perky ears, still all tail-wag, but otherwise clearly going downhill. She'd lie in the corner under my desk, not following Romany out. We made the decision to let her go. All I'll say is that her tail was still wagging.



While we were out walking, it rained. No ordinary rain, but a typical São Paulo garoa, rendering umbrellas useless. We were soaked through. By nightfall, I was feeling ghastly... sore throat, achy, sheer bliss, of course. This morning, after chasing of the mule train that ran me over, I dragged myself out to teach. What a weird class. She's a new student who wanted me to go over her application for a job. We met at a Starbucks that had Wifi, but she didn't have a service provider, so she couldn't access it. Most of the lesson was spent trying to find an internet connection. This afternoon, I dragged my sorry self back home and went to bed, waking up in time for supper. I think I'll just veg with housework this weekend.... and a few blogs. I'm way behind in everyone's blogs.

PS. The top photo is simply there because I thought it was pretty. I was looking for photos of Dingo and found that one. Not sure what Heidi and Specs were looking at... probably a hyperactive dog.

 

Technorati Tags: ,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Do leave a note, so I know you were here and can visit you too :)
Tint~