Just a thought....
Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

Sunday, 18 April 2010

Food for today and food for the future

I sit here now with the sun streaming in behind me. This seat gets pretty hot in the afternoon. Too hot... laundry calls. The air is cooling outside.

Back...

Today was a general domestic day. I baked some raisin bread (click for the recipe). It was as good as it looks! Sorry to torment the dieters and daughters on foreign soil ; )

raisin bread

While it was rising, I sorted some cupboards... the pantry, the baking pans, etc. I love the idea of a house-husband, but I do wish he'd apply his usual perfectionism to my cupboards. I think it's a mental block with him. Dough hooks do not go with the serving spoons. They go in the drawer with the baking tools!

I spent some time potting around in the 'garden'. Jurgis was going to make some planters, but we don't have enough materials, so that's not going to happen. I did make some seedling starters though.

seed starter 1

The bolts are there to stop them rolling off. My seeds are ancient, so I'm not sure if they'll germinate, but I won't know if I don't try. I labelled the bottles, as you can see. Hm.... let's see... lemon balm (my all-time favourite herb), catnip (an essential), German chamomile, Swiss chard (I miss that stuff), green beans (why was the seed bright pink??), peas and one more attempt at gem squash.

seed starter 2

See the hi-tech closing device? Nifty, huh?

 

del.icio.us Tags: ,,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Do leave a note, so I know you were here and can visit you too :)
Tint~