Just a thought....
Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Book share

specs and book


I have a new 'project'. I have a huge kist filled with books of all sizes and kinds. Some are very special books I'll never let go of unless really forced to. The rest are books I've hoarded over the past 11 years here.

These books I plan to share. My idea is to leave them on tables in public eating areas for people to pick up and enjoy. There's a proviso though. They are to keep the bookmark with the book and when they're done reading, they leave the book some place for someone else to enjoy.

Thanks to Jurgis for helping with the bookmark design and thanks to Nathalie and Tatiana for helping with the translation!

On the one side, in English and Portuguese, I have: "This book is free to take and read. The only condition is that you look after it and leave it for others when you are finished." That part is outside the book, so it is seen first.

The bookmark folds over and on the other side, I have two quotes, which appear on different bookmarks. Again, they are translated:

No entertainment is so cheap as reading, nor any pleasure so lasting.
~ Lady M. W. Montague ~


I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage.
~ Montesquieu
~
I don't have too many Brazilians reading my blogs, but if you want a copy of the bookmark template, I can send it along.

 

del.icio.us Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Do leave a note, so I know you were here and can visit you too :)
Tint~