Just a thought....
Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

Friday, 23 April 2010

Controversial

controversy

There are two subjects I avoid like the plague on my blog - religion and politics. If the truth were told, I'm chicken. I shy away from confrontation and these subjects bring out the worst in people. Another reason I never post on those subjects is because it tears away at the cameraderie in the people around me. Having said all that (take it as a disclaimer, if you like)...

I have a question for the Christians in particular...

If Jesus were here on earth today in flesh and blood, would he have gotten involved in elections? More to the point, would he have taken part in heated blog and Facebook discussions on whether or not a particular party is 'crap' or not (not language I usually use in a blog... it is quoted from a 'Christian's' rantings).

And tell me, while you're at it, does 'dissing' the 'other side' fall in line with the Bible's teachings on "love one another as you love yourself"?

No, I'm not targeting Christians. It's just that this kind of thing is something I only seem to see among Christians. In fact, the more they proclaim their Christianity, the hotter the debates are that they have.

Getting back to Jesus. He said that his Kingdom is not 'of this world'. (John 18:36 - 36Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place." NIV) If Jesus was prepared to let things go and focus on his own Kingdom, why can't his followers do the same?

 

del.icio.us Tags: ,,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Do leave a note, so I know you were here and can visit you too :)
Tint~