Just a thought....
Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

Saturday, 15 March 2008

Thoughts - 14 March 2008


The day started off with some worrying news. My friend, Fel, the one with the brain tumour, is in hospital. Either the chemo drugs or the tumour itself has caused Stevens-Johnson syndrome, which, on its own can be a killer. For those who are curious and who have a strong stomach, there is more information on the subject here. In short, this syndrome attacks the mucous membranes of the body, both internal and external. She has not been able to eat since last week, as one of the places affected was her mouth and throat. Her lungs are affected too, though pneumonia has been ruled out. I called her and spoke for a short time - talking hurts her. She sounds upbeat though and thrilled to at least be able to eat jelly (jello to those in the USA) now. She's considering bathing in jelly. Her sense of humour is still good.

I didn't sleep well last night. I was tired after our rather complicated day, but, though I was calm at the time, the whole thing hit me when I went to bed. My mind started playing the whole scene through and presenting countless situations where everything could have gone horribly wrong. Needless to say, I overslept this morning.

It was cool and drizzly again here today. Weatherwise, delightful. For me, though, a day of highs and lows, moodwise. A day spent working hard on my 'glass half full' and wondering why bad stuff happens to good people. Yes, yes... lesson to be learned, character to build, yadda, yadda... we've heard it all before. For the record, I'm not depressed. I'm just finding optimism a little harder than usual today.

Hm... I'm sitting here wondering what everyone will make of today's photo....

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. At the moment I have two friends just discovered this year they have cancer (long and breast) and I dunno... it's like some days I feel like everything is falling apart and other days I feel hope and optimism. I'm mood swing queen!

    Today it's cold and grey - in every way. Me and the weather.

    Want to come over for a cup of coffee and we can moan about life? Since it's my daydream, bring koek susters. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Do leave a note, so I know you were here and can visit you too :)
Tint~