Just a thought....
Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Settling in

I was able to do a load of washing this morning. Great! Our clothes were about to get up and walk to the river to be washed. It says something that I think the river smelt better.

Leaving home, I was barely 10m away from the front gate when I twisted my rubber ankle in my 'block' shoes. These shoes were chosen to last. They're wood platforms. I wanted platforms to give me that bit of an advantage in rainy weather when the streets turn into rivers. The trouble with these is that they have no give, so if I hit a crack in the paving, I go down like a sack of potatoes, as my ankles have no stability at all. Anyhow, this time, the leather ripped. Luckily, I was close to home and could change into my moccasins, which are usually for winter wear, and hotfoot (quite literally) it to work. On the bright side, these shoes are comfy and I can run to catch a bus if I need to. I love moccasins!

Speaking of buses, I found a bus that stops about 100m from our gate that uses my bus card. Ótimo! I asked the conductor and found a  bus to return home with. Even better. Thankfully, it's not the inter-municipal, which is now the same price as the regular buses, but doesn't take the same bus card.

Where we're living now is good, I think. I'll have to go into Zelina occasionally to get mail, but it isn't as though we get much, so that won't be often. We get NO traffic noise in spite of being 1 block away from a major freeway. The only traffic we get is planes flying overhead. We seem to be on a major flight path. I don't mind that in the least.

We have 5 supermarkets to choose from, plus an apparently awesome Horti Fruti. All are within a mile from home including the shopping centre I have yet to visit, which has a Walmart. There's even a Sam's Club, but I'm not sure how much we'll use that.

: (  Tell me... what kind of person has as a ring tone, the sound of a little girl screaming in horror or pain. It was so real that everyone on the bus turned around to see where this child was in trouble. The idiot whose phone it was got numerous calls. By the third ring, I told him take his phone far away from me or I wouldn't be responsible for my actions. I wanted to grab it from him and toss it out of the window. I wish I had known how to ask him if he was a paedophile or something. I was sick to my stomach. He was a 20-something slob of a guy. He said, "But it's only a ring-tone!" Gah!

 

del.icio.us Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Do leave a note, so I know you were here and can visit you too :)
Tint~