Just a thought....
Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

Saturday, 18 April 2009

Saturday thoughts

pelargonium buds


Well... sort of. I found tortillas in our supermarket the other day. Today I got a recipe for making tortillas that actually looks doable. Now the question is what to do with them, other than toasting them and making mock Dorito things. What is your favourite way to enjoy tortillas?

On a side note, I found a few things this week that really got me riled:
  • an English 'teacher' colleague comes up to me and says, "I should talk to you. I need to practice my English." Argh! Good to know I'm valued for something... y'know... my magnetic personality and all that
  • same English teacher teaches one of my students in regular school and proceeds to complain about him (note that she didn't remember his name) and speaks of his dyslexia as though that makes him a retard or something. I wanted to read her the riot act. I may still do that. Way to go... earning the respect of your peers. My student can't stand her. I wonder why. This student has far better English than the teacher in question. Go figure
  • director of the school disrupts my class to tell me that she noticed that my delinquent class is behind schedule. Yay... go me. My students sit looking at us with saucer eyes. When she leaves, they proceed to blame each other on who disrupts the class the most. Got to love them. They're great kids really, just badly mismatched
  • the student who brought that on is a) Never in class and b) Never says a word and doesn't participate in any way. She was worried that she hadn't done enough of the book to be able to pass the upcoming tests. Well, no duh... if you don't do anything in class, you're not going to be ready. She is in an upper intermediate course and doesn't know how to say, "I don't understand"
  • men who feel that beating a woman is a manly thing to do - 'nuff said
  • someone who thinks that typing a business e-mail in caps lock is professional
  • I'm a sap. I go to confront someone on a serious work related issue and end up feeling sorry for them an the issue never gets dealt with

All that aside, it is a glorious day here... warm and sunny, but fresh. I rather wish all of summer was like this. I have a long weekend ahead of me. Tuesday is a public holiday, so the schools are closed on the Monday. Banks and supermarkets are open, though, so I'll be able to get some errands in. I might even fit some more sewing in this weekend. That would be good.

I hope you're all having a lovely weekend!

 

Technorati Tags: ,,,

2 comments:

  1. I love Tortillas...especially during BBQ season. Here's what I do; first I grill a couple of chicken breasts with your favourite BBQ sauce. Grill up some vegies, (peppers, mushrooms; stuff like that). When all of that is finished, slice everything into nice sized strips. Take one tortilla and cover the bottom with Salsa Sauce (I like Spicy). Then spread around the chicken and vegies so everything is nice and even. Then sprinkle a good handful of cheddar cheese all over. Take another tortilla and place it on top. Now, the delicate part. If you don't have a Pizza Paddle then you should have a couple of BBQ Flippers. Put your BBQ on medium low. Gently slide your tortilla assembly onto the hot grill. After about a minute, slide lifter under to see grill marks. You will know if it to your liking. Rotate about 45 degrees. When that side is done slide it off the BBQ and onto a plate. Put another plate on top and flip it over. Repeat the above process until you done. Slide assembly onto a cutting board, cut into wedges and enjoy. If you don,t have a BBQ you can always using a cookie sheet in the oven....no grill marks but tastes just as good. Sorry this is so long but.......you asked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious, Bogey. I'm going to try it :) Thanks! And lengthy comments are as welcome as short ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Do leave a note, so I know you were here and can visit you too :)
Tint~