Just a thought....
Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

Monday, 22 September 2014

Not so simple

20140914_183916_PerfectlyClear

I’d love to say “I did this and was healed”, but, for a start, I’m still at the start of a very long healing process and, secondly, what I’m doing towards that healing is multi-faceted and not as simple as the explanation I gave at the hospital. I’ll try to sum it up in one blog, then explain more in further blogs. My apologies for taking so long to get this out, but I’ve been plagued by a nasty headache, which has rendered me unwilling to do more than is absolutely necessary.

First and foremost has been a healing of the mind. One of the biggest factors in causing cancer is stress. For me, this has meant working really hard on my mindset, not just believing, but knowing the cancer is beaten. I’ll blog more on this separately, as there was a lot involved. Some have labelled me as optimistic. I want to take this moment to say that I am most definitely not a ‘glass half full’ type of person, but a realist who will see the glass is half full and make conscious plans to fill it!

Before the official diagnosis came through, I started planning my regime. The first step I took was to cut out ALL sugar and sugar-related products. For someone who loves chocolate, this was rather traumatic, but necessary, as sugar feeds cancer. See more here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJsqpg4JpeY - I selected this video because it’s short and sweet, but there’s plenty to be found online about the sugar/cancer fiasco. This led directly to my next step, to alkalise my body. Sugar, for one, is highly acidic and yes, I had far too much of it in my system. Cutting out acidic food was part of the deal, but to actively alkalise my body, I started drinking lemon water (one lemon squeezed into a litre of water) with the aim of drinking two bottles a day. For those who will ask, lemon converts to alkaline in your body, so yes, it is acid, but doesn’t stay that way. Sometimes I make it. Sometimes I don’t. Switching to high alkaline foods came with that particular package deal.

I switched back to goat’s milk, as goat’s milk isn’t acidic like cow’s milk. It helps that I think that goat’s milk is awesome on so many levels. Cow’s milk (throw all beef products into that category) is loaded with hormones too and hormones are a huge no-no (my cancer is oestrogen positive), not just for me right now, but for everyone! There’s a huge belief in Croatia about the cancer-healing properties of goat’s milk as well. I can live with that. My only cheese is a slice of goat’s milk cheese too. Regular cheese now has me rolling in agonies of acid reflux within seconds. Who would have thought it? I’ve been a huge cheese fan for so long!

VEG! Good thing I love my veggies. I’ve pretty much eliminated meat products, only occasionally treating myself to a bit of chicken, salmon or… as we’re having tonight, venison. The whole hormone thing comes into play here. I’m being very selective and this is my treat. My usual meal, if I have one at all after juicing and smoothies, is pictured at the start of the blog. What you see there is a salad with rocket (yum!!), tomato and goat’s cheese, with a dressing of yoghurt (more on that in a minute), flaxseed oil, hemp oil and a little rock salt… then some veggies. The brassica family are particularly good.

Breakfast is probably my favourite meal though. I’m on the Budwig protocol: http://www.budwigcenter.com/the-budwig-diet.php. I don’t use quark, but organic yoghurt with live cultures. Breakfast is (aside from juicing) a bowl of meusli with yoghurt, flaxseed oil, hemp oil, ground flaxseed, a little honey and a handful of blueberries.

Strictly speaking, I’m meant to be juicing all day, but, practically speaking, that isn’t possible with work. At work, for lunch, I eat cold (avoid microwave like the plague!) sweet potato. It’s alkalising and gives me energy in my high-activity job. I nibble on brazil nuts too. Brazil nuts are high in selenium, which is a mineral that stops cancer growth in its tracks.

On the subject of minerals and such, the next part is supplements. At the beginning, I was on garlic, hawthorn and olive leave extract - garlic and olive leaf have anti-cancer properties. Hawthorn strengthens the cardiovascular system, which means all that precious oxygen will get around better. Cancer hates oxygen. Oxygenating my body has become a life-mission. Another supplement is turmeric, or more specifically, curcumin. I have some pineapple first, as the bromelian in pineapple weakens the cell walls, so all the micro-nutrients I’m consuming can get in. Before taking my turmeric, I also take black pepper, so the piperine can increase the bio-availability of the curcumin - ie. increase absorption by the body.

More recently, I’ve added chaga mushroom extract to my regimen. This could be a blog on its own. Basically, in Siberia where the mushroom is harvested, there is no cancer! This is because the locals there drink chaga mushroom tea in place of coffee. There’s a heap of information on the subject online, so I won’t go on about it here. I also take grapeseed extract, my own precious supply of Japanese knotweed tincture and periodically also feverfew tincture. Each of these are valuable in the fight against cancer. Japanese knotweed and feverfew can’t be taken continuously though, so I give myself a few doses on a weekly basis.

I want to do a whole blog on the mind/emotion treatment, which is, to me, the most vital part of my ‘fight’ against cancer, so keep an eye out for the next blog. There’s enough in here to chew on in the meantime, don’t you think? I’m open to any and all questions, though I hope to be doing follow up blogs explaining various parts of this regimen. For the most part, there’s a ton of information online. All I can add is knowledge gleaned from my database and the books I have on hand.

Augh… there’s so much here! I think I’ll leave it at this for now. I can’t say which part is doing the healing work - my bet is on the mind/emotional part that I still have to write about - but it’s working and I’m healing! EDIT: I neglected to go into the juicing. I juice at least 5lb of carrots daily, often with celery, cucumber and spinach added. That's a LOT of juice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Do leave a note, so I know you were here and can visit you too :)
Tint~